Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well I've been fairly busy with things lately but I have made a lot of progress. I finally got my wedding dress, I'm so excited!! And Jack and I took our engagement pictures yesterday. We're still having trouble with a reception site though. Not very many places are willing to let us bring in our own food and there is one place but we need a catering license. Jack's sister-in-law Aimee has connections through her sister who is the head caterer at Mountainland Applied Technology and teaches a catering school on the premises. However, she doesn't have an off-site caterer's license and so apparently it's not good enough. Which is slightly discouraging because I really thought it would all work out. We won't give up though.
On a happier note, I've lost about 17 pounds and I feel great. I'm fairly happy with my weight now and feel comfortable and healthy enough at this point, but I'm still shooting to lose about 5 more if possible.
Living with Elizabeth has proven to be a very nice experience. Jack and I joined her and her friends for a vegan dinner one night and we both had a really great time. I actually enjoy the company and having my own room!! Having roommates was fun, but it's nice to have my own space, with a door, and a closet, and my own bathroom.
I finally finished my math class which was a relief. The final was quite a traumatic experience. The final was at 5-6:40 pm and I had an appointment scheduled with a florist for 7:30 (plenty of time right?) Well I got to the final and began taking the test. I thought the first page was particularly difficult and there was one question I was just having an awful time with. By 7:15 I had finished the rest of the test except for that one question. By 7:30 I was the only person still there. I had an answer which I knew I devised correctly, but I kept checking it and it wasn't working. Finally, with tears in my eyes, my teacher asked to see my paper. She looked at the question I was struggling with looked up at me and said, "this is right! Go home!" I just started crying. It was certaintly quite an experience. She continued to go through the first page and telling me they were all right. With relief and anxiety, I thanked her and left already late for my appointment. That is not an experience I hope to have again.
I guess the wedding planning is causing me some stress but I must admit, the fact that I don't have a job right now is nice. I don't have to worry about scheduling, etc., I can just get some rest, do the planning, and relax.
I am still looking for a job though because not having money is also a stressor.

So anyway, that's what's been going on over here. I start the next semester on the 22nd of August, which I'm not much looking forward to but it will be nice to finish school as quickly as possible.

I made a wedding website for Jack and I in case any of you are interested: Here.
Let me know what you think, it's still a work in progress though.

Much love,

April

3 comments:

WesBevington said...

congradulations April im really happy for you we're all grown up now..:]

*April J* said...

ALL grown up? Unlikely. But I guess we certainly are on our way.

Nancy Clark said...

Cute wedding site! Good luck on all the preparation and the craziness that comes along with it!