Monday, July 30, 2007

Getting Started

Hi everyone. In this world of not so ordinary people, I salute. So glad to see the spell checker in this window--old brain cells aren't what they used to be. We are limping along here literally and figuratively. We have started to listen to the new Harry Potter, but I am traveling less this week so it will take me quite a while to get through it. I only listen when in the car. Visual distortion makes reading too difficult right now. How long will it be before books are obsolete, we ask ourselves. Keep all important books, they will likely become collector's items.

3 comments:

mrs. everything said...

Max and I are reading the Golden Compass- the first book in the His Dark Materials Trilogy. It is wonderful! (Much better than Harry Potter we think) You should check it out!

Nancy Clark said...

Karen! Great job logging on and getting your first post up there! We are also listening to Harry Potter in the car, so maybe we'll finish around the same time... :)

*April J* said...

I too am disappointed about books becoming less and less valued. Maybe when I start teaching english I can help to change that for at least some people.

It's good to hear from you though. Love ya lots!