Monday, July 30, 2007

Our Goings On

Losts happening. My first couple of months as stake clerk were pretty uneventful and I thought this may be about the easiest calling I've had. Then we had a number of special projects come up. I am now spending many hours at the stake office or at home working on things. There is light at the end of the tunnel since I am almost done with them. We started the process of calling assistant clerks, but I'll be through the worst of it before we get anyone called. We do have a financial clerk, so I don't have to worry about that.

My job is terribly boring. I've been doing very little in the last two months, but I am supposed to be getting a project this week that should keep me pretty busy.

Lisa is doing cub scouts and teaching relief society once a month. She is doing well at both, but they obviously keep her pretty busy. Good thing she doesn't have hardly anything to do around the house :-)

Wes is doing pretty well. He is bussing at Olive Garden and saving money for a mission. He was called as a ward missionary last week, so that should help him prepare well. Our goal is to get him out in January, but we'll see. We may have to wait some months depending of finances and other things.

Jeremy is doing pretty well. He is moving up in the retail business and has a serious girl friend. Hopefully he will get on and share more. David is working and fishing mostly.

Nate and Matt are enjoying their summer off. They finished baseball. They do a little golfing and Matt will be starting Karate at some point. Nate starts tackle football in the fall and he is very excited. I just assume he stick with basketball and baseball.

3 comments:

Nancy Clark said...

Great to hear from you! Hope everything continues to go well. Would love to see some photos!

*April J* said...

Sounds like things are going well. That's great about Wesley going on a mission, tell him I'm really happy for him.

KarenB said...

Glad to hear things are going well, but hope your work is more exciting soon.

We would like to come out your way for April's wedding but don't know yet what the Dr. will say. He may not be through chemo by then which would make traveling impossible.